Disney World hotels and resorts for large families without breaking the bank
By Siera Duiser of Destinations in Florida
The Walt Disney World Resort in Florida is one of the most popular destinations for family vacations in the world! There are options for families, both big and small, to enjoy the magic of a Disney World vacation! Many large families wonder if there is an affordable way to stay on property and the good news is that there are a number of affordable accommodation options for large families to travel and even stay together at Disney World!
Adjoining Rooms: You can book two adjoining rooms at any of the resorts which opens you up to a number of options to fit every budget and need. Even two adjoining rooms at a value resort can accommodate up to eight people!
Family suite at Disney’s Art of Animation Resort (Courtesy Disney)
Family Suites: Disney’s Art of Animation Resort and Disney’s All Star Music Resort have family suites that can accommodate up to six people with three sleeping areas, two bathrooms, and a kitchenette. Plus, these resorts are at the value level so they are very affordable!
Cabins: There are wilderness cabins at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground, which can each accommodate up to six people. These cabins feature a separate bedroom, full kitchen, and private deck. These cabins are considered a moderate level resort so they participate in a variety of discounts.
Campground at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground (Courtesy Disney)
Campsites: If your family enjoys camping, you can do that at the Walt Disney World Resort, too! You can bring a tent or your own camper (pop-up, fifth wheel, etc.) and enjoy your vacation there! You can choose from a tent or pop-up campsite, full hook up campsite, preferred campsite, or premium campsite depending on your needs. Each campsite can accommodate up to 10 people and is the most economical way for a large family to stay together at Disney World!
Treehouse at Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort and Spa (Courtesy Disney)
Villas: You can choose from one, two, or three bedroom villas, which can accommodate up to nine people all together. There are three-bedroom treehouse villas at Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort and Spa, which are stand alone units. Each unit has a full kitchen as well as a private washer and dryer in your room.
(MORE: Get more tips and ideas on how to save big on your Disney World vacation.)
As a reminder, when you book a stay at a Walt Disney World Resort hotel, you will be able to take advantage of the following benefits:
- Magical Express – Disney offers complimentary transportation from Orlando International Airport to your Walt Disney World Resort hotel and then back to the airport at the end of your stay.
- Theme Park Transportation – You can enjoy complimentary transportation from your hotel to all four theme parks, both water parks, Downtown Disney, and more.
- Extra Magic Hours – At least one of the theme parks are open one hour early in the morning or two hours later in the evening, exclusively for guests staying at a Walt Disney World Resort hotel.
- Dining Plans – You can add a dining plan to your stay so that you won’t have to worry about any extra expenses throughout your stay.
- Early Access to Reservations – You can make all of your dining reservations 180 days prior to arrival as well as your FastPass+ selections 60 days in advance. These are exclusive benefits just for guests staying at a Walt Disney World Resort hotel.
Siera Duiser of Destinations in Florida contributed this to MiniTime.